a modern, stable, and futuristic government structure.
The Government structure of the Free Republic of Verdis is quite simple. It is a semi-direct democracy under a republic. The Verdisian Government headquarters is located in Melbourne, Australia as settlement has not began at this moment of time for the country although Verdis' land claim is already claimed by the Free Republic of Verdis.
The structure works in a custom sort of way. The term of the leader of the Free Republic of Verdis is a life term. The person has the choice to resign at anytime although if they don't resign, they will remain leader until death. There is no time frame of a leading term in the nation. There is no way a law can pass without a majority vote from Citizen's, therefore the President has minimal power.
The current President of the Free Republic of Verdis at this moment of time is Daniel Jackson, who began his term on the 29th March 2019.
The cabinet consists of the following departments (at this time):
· Department of Justice
· Department of Foreign Affairs
· Department of National Defense
· Department of Treasury
· Department of Transport and Infrastructure
· Department of Environment
· Department of Education
· Department of Health
· Department of the Presidential office and the Cabinet
· Department of Immigration and Border Protection
· Department of Social Services
· Department of Agriculture
· Department of Communications